- Watering is essential to proper care for the first season after planting. This should be done a regular basis, slowly and once a week after the first couple weeks.
- Annual fertilization is also recommended to encourage healthy growth.
- Pruning the first couple years is important to get trees and shrubs trained appropriately for health and looks.
- Removing misplaced plants (a.k.a. - weeds) helps keep things tidy and eliminates unneeded competition for water and nutrients. Pre-emergents can help tremendously.
- Top dressing mulch and touch up is helpful to retain moisture in the tougher seasons (summer & winter)
Brand new installed landscapes all need a little TLC to reach healthy establishment at which time maintenace becomes minimum and routine. Early TLC includes: